During my time at Gap Inc. I had the opportunity to direct and launch an entirely new design system for our internal tools teams. The scope of this project included supporting applications for merchandisers, franchise vedors, store planners, promotional events and more. Some of these applications were still using ms-dos style green screens when we started with them.
Roles & Responsibilities
Design System Architect, Product Manager
- Managed a small team of senior level engineers as well a product designer
- Agile process organization; leading Scrum style DevOps
- Lead design system architect including infrastructure, component design and functionality, documentation and code quality standards
- Conducted dozens of stakeholder interviews from vice presidents to individual contributors
- Worked closely with UX on designs, accessiblity and best practices
Notable Languages, Libraries and Frameworks
- React JS
- Mocha, Chai, Enzyme, Testing Library
- Handlebars, Jekyll
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Figma, Sketch
Design credit to Erika Craig-Rielly, who was an amazing product UI designer to work with. I cannot recommend her highly enough.